2013年4月27日 星期六

Marburg (27 Apr. 2013)

I found that every place related to the Brothers Grimm were all raining when I got there, even in Kassel later ...T^T My fairy tale trip was so..........Mmmmmm.....= =|||
The downtown is a little bit away from the train station, so you have to walk for about 15 mins to get there. Unfortunately, the station didn't have the luggage room!!!!! Are you kidding???? I was thinking, "It was raining...", "Do I have to bear my 15kg backbag(or even more) to walk through the mountain town in such a bad weather?", "Can't I just leave and go to Kassel?",...... blablalba, many thoughts emerged into my mind. In the end, I still visited the town with my BIG backbag......
Marburg Bahnhof




Elisabethkirche, a famous church built in 1235~1283 in Marburg

St. Elisabeth hospital
Elisabeth was a Hungarian Princess married a Thuringia earl. But after the earl died, Elisabeth was forced to get out of the house and moved to Marburg. She was a very kind woman that every residents in Marburg very like her. Unfortunately, she died when she was only 24. The people there decided to build a church and a hospital to commemorate her.

There's also a university, Marburg University. Some celebrities such as the brothers Grimm and  a philosopher Martin Heidegger studied here before.

the entrance to the church of University

Universitätkirche


Danis Papin, a professor taught math and physic.

the town was built in the mountain

Universitätmuseum für Bildende Kunst

Universität Marburg

Stadthalle

the scene next to the university

the view must be great in nice weather!!!!! I could only imagine.......T^T




After the visit in foot of the mountain, time to face the hardest part..... go UP UP and UP!!

the city was very kind, do you know what's in it?

an elevator! heading to the mountainside immediately!


It's a painting on the wall, actually.

the view you'll see from the mountainside

Since it was raining and was Saturday, very a few people were on the streets

Marktplatz

See the sign? "↑SCHLOSS↑"................scary road!!!! So tough with my BIG bag......

The interesting part in the fairy tale city is that you'll see many strange or cute things on your way~~



See? again...XDD


Finally, I got up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What will you see?

This!! It would be very beautiful if the weather was good.





Going down from another road



Goodbye, Marburg. I got here the wrong time, so...... see you next time~!

沒有留言:

張貼留言