2013年4月6日 星期六

Heidelberg


It went very well when I went through customs, I just said, "Hallo", and the customs let me go.

It's easier than I thought to take trains, like ICE, IC, EC,...etc.. Just go to the Reisezentrum to activate your Eurail Pass or DB Bahn pass, and you're ready to go. Oh there's another thing, I used the app called Eurail Planner to get the information about the time table of most of the Europe train. The best part of the app is it's offline and very punctual, and I don't need any paper with me; it's really good for the travellers.
Reisezemtrum
the bar in ICE

bus ticket in Heidelberg
I've never been any place with temperature under 2~3 Celcius, and I just did...... everyday, or even colder...... Since I got Heidelberg a little bit late, so I just went to the Jugendherberge Heidelberg to put my heavy luggage bag immdiately and go back to down to eat my dinner.
my room
the view out of my window
my hostel is next to the Zoo
Heidelberg Hbf
There's few poeple outside, maybe because it's late and it's Sunday. This day, I met my two roommates, Johan (from German) and 嘉政 (from Hongkong). 嘉政 is a exchange student in Germany now, and they're in a holiday. 嘉政 took me to the bar downstiars just in the Hostel to get a bier and a common but famous Bread called Bretzel. That was the first day I drank the bier in Germany, and Bretzel was a bit salty. I was too tired to do anything more since I just took a long long flight and slept unwell, I decided to sleep early for the next day trip.
Neckar river at the evening



What a wonderful day it was after I got up, the weather was great so that it's really nice to go outside!! I put my luggage bag in the Hauptbahnhof and started my perfect trip in Heidelberg. Since it was Easter day, so they still didn't need to work for most of the people in Germany, the stores were closed as well. There were still few people outside in the early morning.
Gute Morgen!!
Neckar river in the early morning

it took me a while to figure it out about using it, it's really useful in most of the Bahnhof
it's the restroom in Europe which need to pay
I walked to the foot of the mountain and took a special train going uphill to get to the Schloss Heidelberg. It has one of the most best scenes in Heidelberg, and it let me postpone my schedule just for watching the scenes in Heidelberg again and again. I stayed there for more than three hours so I just finished my lunch there. Btw, it was the first time to eat sausage in Germany, and the taste was really good!!! Reaching noon, there were a LOT of people here in Schloss Heidelberg. I could even see the people crowded in the streets in downtown.
Kaufhof is one of the biggest department stores in Germany


foot of Schloss Heidelberg
Bergbahn
it's quite a cool railway
it's very steep!!!




Schloss Heidelberg
the view of the city from Schloss Heidelberg
the view of the city from Schloss Heidelberg
the view of the city from Schloss Heidelberg

it was cold up there...




the entrance of Schloss Heidelberg

the sundial was elegant on the wall

it was a large barrel!!!!
There's a Deutsches Apotheken Museum in Schloss Heidelberg which was nice too, there's a lot of things about the history of medicine. (sorry but the photo was forbiddened to take in the museum)
Deutsches Apotheken Museum



the garden next to the Schloss is a great place for walking

there were ices on it... still solid!!

the sotre selling foods
I bought the first one!!
Finally, I left there to go hiking in Philosophenweg although I really didn't wanna leave. Philosophenweg is located in front of the Schloss of Heidelburg acrossed the Neckar river. The name of Philosophenweg is quite appropriate after getting up there since you HAVE to clime up for a very steep road for almost 20 minutes to get exhausted and watch the beautiful scenes of Heidelburg in the end. Just like the ancients said, "Bitterness finishes, sweetness begins.", and that's exactly why I said the name is quite appropriate. Oh and there's another reason is that you can seat here to think of everything you want or think of nothing at all but watching the scenes in front of you.

the door of  Alte Brücke
there was a Chinese restaurant next to the Bridge
It's.... cat right? cute!

many locks on it

view on the bridge
there was a guy playing dulcimer
one of the road in Philosophenweg, which was really steep!!!
climb, climb, climb.....
still climbing.....
there were some stops on the climbing roads

almost there, but there were still lots of people stopped and took a rest
got there, and there were many people here

the view from Philosophenweg


it's a small mailslot in Germany
the riverbank of Neckar
what a beautiful city it is!!!!!

So tell me, is there anyone can refuse to stay here for a couple days in Heidelberg? What a wonderful city isn't it?

沒有留言:

張貼留言