2013年5月7日 星期二

Berlin (05~07 May 2013)

It won't take too long from Hamburg and Berlin by ICE, so I got Berlin before noon and started my journey in Berlin city right away!
Berlin is a really big city that I couldn't visit all the places I wanted to go, but I still maximized my limit to go around as more as possible......@@ Basically, you can separate it into three parts, Unten den Linden and Museumsinsel, Potsdamer Platz, and Kurfürstendamm. Since Kurfürstendamm is a shopping area and I've already bought most of the things I want, so... I decided to go there only if I had more time.

Oh! I found that in Berlin I've heard English more than German!!!! I didn't why but there were so~~~~ many people speaking English. And most of all, people in Berlin can speak excellent English I've ever heard in Germany.



First day, I was at Potsdamer Platz and some places nearby.

Berlin Hbf, it's really big!!!!!


Willkommen in Berlin

the hostel I lived for the first day in Berlin

After put my luggage in the hostel, I went to Brandenburger Tor. The square here was very crowded and so many activities there!!!!










Through the door, you'll see the statue Siegessäule far away....
This road is called Straße des 17, Juni

Next to the door, you'll also see a very fashion roof building, that's Reichstag, Deutscher Bundestag.

If you want to visit here, you have to reserve online and need to go through a  security checkpoint.

Friede Friede Friede


Pariser Platz

the typical traffic light in Berlin

the typical traffic light in Berlin



After that, I went east a little bit and then went south right away.

Medusa Madame Tussauds

On the other side from Brandenburger Tor, the road is called Unter den Linden

I couldn't believe that I saw a police was sweeping the floor!!!! Unbelievable!!!

Komische Oper

the shape of Dom in Berlin

Soon, I saw some walls.


US Army Checkpoint

the district distribution

the corresponding roads

There were many people here!



It's a wall originally located next to Brandenburger Tor.



the distribution of Berlin



It was a sad story that this man was killed when he was only 18...





Zentrum Kalt Krieg, means the Cold War Center

Potsdam Conference




Zimmerstraße

Going south, you'll reach a museum, Jüdisches Museum. Actually, I like to see the design of building more than the things about Jew........@@ The design of the museum is very famous in architecture.


Jüdisches Museum


See!? The builing was so complex and I got almost lost inside...........

Although I got a map, I still got lost inside there.......








You'll see a lot of the names of the road are related to Jews in Germany now.

Jew's alphabets



We are a people, one people.



There's a restaurant in the museum.

Also a garden inside which is really beautiful...





Soon, I went backward to the Brandenburger Tor. But before that, you'll see two museums about Nazi, Topographie des Terrors and Denkmal für die ermordeten JudenEuropas. Also, you'll across the Botsdamer Platz. There were some places worth going.
Actually, I've seen enough things about Nazi in Dachau, so I just went to these places and took a look.

I think the ballon is a really good thing to know the orientation...XDD

Did you see that!? It's empty in the center of the bottom!!!!!!

Topographie des Terrors

Topographie des Terrors

Topographie des Terrors















The style of the bike system was so interesting~~XDD


Sony Center




Legoland!!! But the ticket was too~~~~ expensive.....16 euros per person...@@ So... I decided not to go in...




the walls on Potsdamer Platz

It's all chewing gums on the wall.......................

It was so~~~interesting!!! It's the visa for the people getting in and out west Berlin and East Berlin.

I got one, too!!! The stamps were stamped on my real passport!!!!XDDD Cool isn't it?

After me, there were many people taking their passports too...XDDD
So you can see that they are not German~~!!

Since most of the buildings were destroyed in World War II, you can see many new and fashion buildings here.

Walking north, I got Denkmal für die ermordeten Juden Europas.





Finally, time to go to the statue Siegessäule. The Tiergarten is really large, so......it took me for more than 30 mins to get there!!! But it's a good one if you go up there.
Oh! Before I went to the statue, there's another place, Schloss Bellevue. It's a presidential palace in Germany.


Uh......



I don't know why European can think of placing a tennis table here......



Schloss Bellevue


Do you know who he is?

Bismarck!!

Finally I got there and I was already exhausted! But it's not the worst thing I met......


The stairs!!!!!!!!!!! I thought after they rebuilt the statue, they'll have an elevator which they didn't!!!!!
Why couldn't they have the elevator just like Eiffel Tower!!!!!




endless.............

There's a seat along the stairs when you climb up.

It's smaller when getting higher...

Haha~~


Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got it!!






Time to go back to hostel.


Uh......good evening, bro~~


There's a zoo next to my hostel. It's the oldest zoo in Germany. Since I didn't have much time to visit it and the ticket was really expensive, 13 euros per person and 20 euros plus the aquarium........

OK! End of first day.
The second day, museum day!
The third day, Potsdam!

Although I didn't spend too much time in north and east Berlin, I still saw many things!
Leave something until the next time~~!

沒有留言:

張貼留言